View Single Post
Old 12-30-2001, 11:15 PM
tober76b

nothernkanuck, you wrote: "I know I had what I referred to as a lag and I would get the front tire spin on wet or slippery roads and I don't consider myself an agressive driver."

did you experience the same sensation as clearwaterms?

clearwaterms wrote: "It was raining last night and when I nailed the gas, it spun the front tires then there was a jerk and the car hooked, it felt like the power transfer to the rear wheels was slightly delayed"

mine '92 does the same thing...often with quite an abrupt clunk/jerk.
i can peel out the front on dry pavement along with wet. they'll usually spin for a little over a second, but i usually let off on the pedal to lessen the clunk.
dry pavement pretty much takes a full-throttle effort, but i spin the wheels on wet pavement at about 3/5 throttle.
in fact, if i punch it to pass someone when the roads are wet, i'll break loose even though i'm already in motion. i've experienced this when the trans downshifts to 1st and 2nd. (and no, i don't have bald tires; however, they aren't aqua treads).

i'm not sure if i've had the ECU mod done, but i can say that my delay before the power kicks in is very minimal---if noticeable at all.
tober