View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 02:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
This is stretching the memory but I recall that it was a place called A&J Automotive (????) in Melbourne.

Either Penrith Subaru or Brookvale Subaru (where mine - now Jason's - had been done by the previous owner - at about 50,000km!) could tell you who it was if the techs are still around.

For the filter/cooler, there was a place in Greystanes/Merrylands on the Great Western Highway that did it - used an Outback auxillary filter kit (courtesy of Penrith Subaru) and had the place do the cooler install

Jason may have the receipts in the folders of documents that went with the car and could advise maybe where it was (it is just before a self storage place on the right as you head towards Penrith (you begin to head downhill)

They did a couple of SVX's - mine, Blakes (now Desertrunners) and some others so they knew what to do

Also, I also remember that there is some hose that can get damaged when the tranny is removed that stuffs up the climate control system so definitely would get somewhere that knows what they are doing.

Good luck

James

PS: 4 years since I sold mine - seems like only yesterday that I remember picking it up. Still my favourite car and I have had a few Mercs since (cheaper to use Mercs here than back in Oz! Except £122 to fill the tank - about AU$260 - is not funny!)

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!

Last edited by Jamsvx; 04-10-2008 at 02:06 PM.