View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
And I've got yet ANOTHER wrench to throw into the works!!!!

I visited my local Subaru dealer, convincing them that I had a select monitor but that it wasn't reporting proper information when the engine was warm. After discussing for a little while about not needing any codes pulled, the lady decided to just get a tech over with a select monitor and check it out for me, free of charge. She was cool too--when she called the tech she asked if they had a select monitor for a 92 SVX (I only told her the year!). The guy apparently then told her that there was no 92 and that it had to be an '02. That was hilarious. The receptionist knew more than the tech. Sweet.

Anyway, he came over and after telling him what I needed, he pulled up the engine information page. The Subaru Select Monitor read entirely correct values. Every single value was precisely correct, and updated rather quickly, too. After thanking the tech I hooked my laptop back up and checked hex codes again. My laptop was still receiving "junk" data.

Try to figure THAT one out, guys.