View Single Post
Old 10-16-2003, 06:27 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor
This thread has become absolute practical evidence confirming previous lengthy discussion regarding tyre size, rolling diameter etc. It should be noted by any who may have been in doubt as to the effects involved.

Wiz,

You have seen how members here are so willing to assist. Could you please reciprocate and measure your tyres, as has been described and post the figures. This will provide some worthwhile practical information to work on.
Can the tires be measured when they are not on the car? Stanly Subaru has my car and I told them to put new tires on when I found out what happened. I hope I can still measure them. I would have measured them earlier but I did not know the system was gone when I brought it to them for basic maintainance. I was expecting to get it back the same day so I could measure them. But then all hell broke loose and they said the rear ones did not work. My SVX is in peices, so they still have it. I'll get everything back on tuesday if all goes well. I'm sorry I did not do it earlier. I hope I can still do it to help you guys. Maybe I can get confermation that the tires caused it from them.

I'm greatful for the help and would like to return the favor. I hope its not too late.

Edit, the tires may not have been removed from the rims yet. The parts are not coming in until monday. If thats the only way they can be measured I could ask them to do that. I will do all I can to get this done.

Oh, and I've had direct conformation from Subaru about the 1/4" thing with the tires and that its bad. Based on my understanding of how the system works it seems logical that tires with even a slightly different size would mess things up.

One last thing. I know for a fact that the car has been driven over 5000 miles with the different tires. Maybe upto 20000. I just did not know any damage was done when I bought it.

Last edited by Wiz; 10-16-2003 at 06:43 PM.