Thread: why?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 02:17 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Statutes vs law

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

By all means, be a rebel. Go break some laws. Violate some statutes. Race between the stoplights.

Dare I say it - tear that tag right off your mattress.

None of you seem to be able to make the following distinction: the administrators of this site don't want to tell you what you can and can't do behind the wheel. But as an organized group, you have to understand that we can't condone these activities and we won't. To do so would be irresponsible for any number of reasons.

Try to understand the position we're in, here. Please.

Plus, as Lwin said, this isn't public. It's a privately-owned server and those are the rules. I'm sorry, but if you don't like not being able to post about street racing, then by all means take it elsewhere. All of us - the moderators and administrators - agreed unanimously that street racing is not going to be condoned by this site. It's illegal, it's dangerous and it doesn't reflect well on the group.

So, take it or leave it. That's really all there is to it.

Personally, I hope nobody leaves. This is a fantastic group of people.
I understand completely. I have no issue with your comments or position. I certainly won't be posting anything about street racing, never intended to, never said I wanted to nor was I supporting anyone that would, so don't quote, and then throw that at me.

I guess you didn't quite get my point at all. The point is that I understand this is private, and to trespass or damage someone's person or property is not right, it is a serious matter as I clearly mentioned. I actually supported your position. I don't know who the 'none of you' are that you refer to, but it is not I.

The other point that I made is that violating a statute, unknowingly or willing, is not a crime, not a criminal action. I object to being criminalized as such. I am not a criminal, or a lawbreaker. Speaking of Rebels, since you quoted and commented on such, I would bet that those patriotic Americans did not consider themselves lawbreakers either. Just not buying the 'lawbreaker' label as applied to statutes. My comments had nothing to do with advocating street racing threads.

Further, I just want to make one other thing completely clear. I am definately afraid to tear the tag off my mattress!

Lighten up, I think they got it.