Thread: Its Ricetastic!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 11:02 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Onetrack Send a message via AIM to Onetrack Send a message via MSN to Onetrack Send a message via Skype™ to Onetrack
Re: Its Ricetastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeJaye View Post
That being said, I still haven't decided how I feel about the "rice wars". I personally feel that in the end its your car, and you're the one spending the money on it, so who's to tell you what you should or shouldn't do to your own car. But then again, I do hate seeing such a beautiful specimen as the SVX with tasteless mods done to it. Most of what I've seen on this site has been very tastefully done up to this point.

I guess it all just boils down to opinion.
Bingo.. this

You nailed it ayejaye.. if you look at the pix I posted, especially the poser mobile (which had to have been a joke as no-one in their right mind would look at that and go coooooooooool). Tasteless wings, tacky addons, stickers (just look at my avatar - 87 1.0l sprint with magnaflow stickers ; etc don't add much to the car, on the contrary they detract. It is the end users car, and if they spend 10k on a body kit just to have their license plate crooked like that blue civic above.. then great.. i guess.

Their money, their car.. my svx externally is stock.. and thats the way I'll keep it, internally i've redone wiring, added a quick change kit, put in a jvc head unit and am currently working on a carpc which i'll put in as soon as my touch screen arrives.

I wouldn't call that rice, but that 2' wing from a superbird? rice all the way.

Heres the larger version of the sprint

coilmaster.. eibach, genki, aem, magnaflow, federal - the front and the hood were covered in stickers too..
it had 4 point harnesses.. and it was done for fun - to make a 200.00 car laughably more so..
I even had a big STI KILLER on the front

That little bugger got us 300 km to the rally, did 1000km on hard driving gravel and then got us home again..
it had about 274k km on it after the rally and the transmission was shot (no first or 5th gear) - much fun to beat
up an ol peice of crap like that

Heres the vid for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DRXTIhI6dI

Last edited by Onetrack; 05-12-2009 at 11:12 AM.