View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
3 light stop....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Well, driving to the West side EARLY this morning, I come up to one of those "3 stop redlights". You know, the ones where you finally make it up to the light on the 3rd try.

I'm sitting there and here comes the smoke from around my front fender wells.
Another smacked up PS hose? I wondered during the light, then quickly got in the right lane pulling into a Office Cheapo parking lot. PS hose??

No..... Turned out to be the dreaded silent tranny killer. The short hose from the ATF filter sprung a leak. Luckily it didn't pour out straight to the street as it's happened to other members, but rather spurted out, hitting an exhaust header causing a visual warning.

No damage done I don't think, and only a 20 minute fix, but I was still hoping for a little pity. You know, a couple of "ahhh, that's terrible electrophil!", or "Hey, it could be worse, keep that chin up guy!", or "Hey, sorry to hear it... I just paypal'd ya $60 for a fancy lunch to get your mind off the grief". You know, pity along those lines.
We have a traffic light that has a reputation for 'so-slow,' that a local radio personality was wondering if a person could actually run into the Domino's Pizza shop, ORDER, and be in the car ,'IN LINE' when it was delivered to the curb!!

A lot of cars have been PUSHED into the pizza shop parking lot over 'mechanical failures. that occur at the (subject to Guinnis Book rules) RED LIGHT!!!

I am sorry that you had the problem, and rejoice that it didn't require a FIRETRUCK, or ROLL-BACK to bring this ,saga, to a close!!

Jerry

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry