View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 03:15 AM

Re: 3rd and 4th gear are not engaging + weird smell

Hello Trevor,

You are answering me faster than I am able to read. You are awesome! Thanks for this!

Depress: I must apologize for my mistake. I meant exactly the opposite of the word “depress” - which is release. So when I release the gas pedal, the shift change happens. Sorry for the confusion.

ECO Mode: For sure I tried to turn it off. What happened was, that instead of 3500rpm+ (shift point, while ECO ON), the shift point moved above 4000rpm. By shift point I mean the moment when the gear changes from 1 to 2.

I have not tested this more elaborately, as I wanted to be as gentle on the car as possible. I will turn it off, when I conduct correct testing.

Test Port: Ouch! that is unfortunate. I really thought that the pressure would be the same across those 2 ports.

I knew the correct port is the one which you marked. The reason I plugged it into the one that I did, is that I did not have right tools in order to get to the correct port. I must buy the right tools to get to correct port, especially distance-wise.

Smell: It was there ever since I bought the car. At first we thought it was from the freshly-painted exhaust system. Later it was clear that it was false assumption.

Considering, that I bought it sort of cheap (not the top price, neither the bottom one) I was expecting the tranny would sooner or later be subject of my focus. I only wasn’t expecting it would happen so soon...

Next week I will conduct testing in the correct port. We will see, how it turns out.

Have a nice weekend,
Filip

Last edited by svxcess; 10-27-2018 at 11:14 PM.