View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 12:16 PM

Re: 3rd and 4th gear are not engaging + weird smell

Hello Trevor,

The measurements are done . In the end, it wasn’t as hard as I thought. Biggest problem being access (small space).

One question, is problematic. I did not plug the fitting into the exact same test port as shown in diagram, but to one I marked in the red circle. Common sense telling me, it should be same line, with the same pressure.

In this port I measured around 58 psi in REVERSE, at idle. I was able to measure maximum of 116 psi, in REVERSE, when on the gas.

What is more interesting is, that gauge wasn’t able to measure any values, when in 1, 2, 3 or D.

To your questions: I am not driving car anymore - since you recommended me this and before that, it was say around 100 -150 km in total, since this malfunction occurred.

Slippage only occurs when shifting from 1 to 2, otherwise not. Smell is there, when outside of car. I must be at exactly 3500rpm (and above), in order to shift into 2. I also have to depress gas pedal, otherwise, it would still rev and not shift - but this is not dogmatic, sometimes it shifts itself, without depressing the pedal.

I have permanently ECO mode ON. I try to be as gentle to car, as circumstances allow.

I will treat her as a baby, when tranny will be done.

Thank you,
Filip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Different port.jpg (77.1 KB, 881 views)

Last edited by svxcess; 11-06-2018 at 03:00 AM.