Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
V5 or VIN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueji
Thanks Joe, Now I'm really confused!

The colour on my V5 is ebony, code 222, which is a very dark grey and I have had a can mixed up by a trade paint supplier and matches perfect, from what I've read up on I can only agree with Earl. They only list the one colour of the car and not the solid black which is roof, boot,and side trim.
I've bought a spoiler Kit of a Gem of a guy in CA USA, I take it, it needs to be black to match.

Thanks Paddlesnz for the code, will try that one with the supplier.

John
Hi John

Paddles has just confirmed what I see on my UK '93 Ebony. The whole car is painted in the red mica colour, roof, bootlid and side plastic flashes. The code on the VIN is #235.

Just to avoid further confusion, you should check the colour code listed on the VIN plate which is riveted to the lhs suspension turret under the bonnet.
The paint code is on the bottom left of this silver plate.

The reason I mention this, the TRIM code for my JDM Claret car is also [probably coincidentally] 222. This relates to the purple ecsaine seats. Just hoping your V5 has not mixed up the codes. However, far more likely, your Ebony may be the green mica type, which is a different mix, therefore must be a different code. If so, I really hope you are coming to JAE, I would love to see it, compare the difference.

Thanks for the info Paul.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl