View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 10:21 AM

I have a 3d printer... Who needs replacement parts?

Recently, I fixed my 3d printer that I have had for many years and it is finally functional! I am looking to build my portfolio of things I have designed/printed and so I decided to post here and help contribute as I know some parts are getting much much harder to find.

Some details:
I have a delta printer (round bed)
My print area is about 200MM diameter, 260MM high.
I have been printing with PLA (can be used in temperatures up to 140F) and have just begun using ABS plastic (in temperatures up to 170F)
The printer works best with smaller parts with flat surfaces, but with more experience I definitely will learn methods to be able to print more complex shapes.
I am using Fusion 360 and have about 40-50 hrs of experience with the program so far.
If you send me something, I will take a look at it and let you know if I think I can do it or not. I am not seeking payment (for now) aside from shipping cost, which will generally be a USPS small flat rate box.

Attached are some pictures of a grommet I made for someone. This is my first (vehicular) part that I designed and printed. ABS prints will come in black as that is the color I have now, but ABS can be primed and painted, or vapor smoothed with acetone to get rid of layer lines.

If you are interested, message me on here with a good hand drawn diagram and part # or pictures. If you don't know the part number then pictures are nice to have.

If you provide your email in the message I will respond to you there.

-Johnsvx

P.S. - I am not responsible for misused parts and or injuries. It seems like this is the type of thing you need a disclaimer for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200214_194218.jpg (577.4 KB, 622 views)
File Type: jpg 20200214_194224.jpg (529.5 KB, 601 views)
File Type: jpg 20200214_194250.jpg (746.0 KB, 613 views)

Last edited by johnsvx; 02-20-2020 at 10:28 AM.