View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 05:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: My SVX got hit! ARGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
Thanks Trevor.

Today, the insurance adjuster looked at the car, as it sits at my mother's house. My brother cleaned it up the evening prior so it would not appear neglected, as it missed its bi-weekly wash.

I already had somewhat of a confrontation with the adjuster over the phone, with him insisting that the quarter panel would not need to be replaced and that there is no need to write it or total the car.

Once I recieve his formal estimate, I plan to contest it with AT LEAST three estimates from reputable body shops, which will all suggest the quarter replacement. I do hope for the best, as I would like the quarter replaced, along with the rear bumper cover and the lens which cracked along the bottom. (Overlooked by adjuster.)

More details as they develop.
Mike-

I somewhat agree that the quarter panel doesn't need to be replaced. When my dad backed into my green 95 in the driveway some years ago, I was given two options by the adjuster. Either the car would be totaled, or I would agree to have the quarter panel repaired and the car wouldn't be totaled.

Photos of the damage can be found here:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10734

After the repair:

2001 Audi S8