View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 04:55 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
To answer some questions...

I always lock my doors as a force of habit and I have to assume that I did the same the night it was stolen. I can't imagine the odds of someone looking for a joy ride the one time I forget to lock it. There was no glass in the driveway so I don't know what to think. It is the main question that is haunting me about this whole theft.

My security system is always armed and I always lock it with the remote when I remove my briefcase from the passenger side upon arriving home. But yes...I will be investing in a better security system in my next vehicle or this one if I get it back.

It's been over 48 hours now. If it was joy-riders I would think the car would have turned up by now abandoned on a highway or back road. I only had a couple gallons of fuel in the tank and I keep hoping they ran out of gas somewhere. I had just put $5 of gas in it that day too. Keep thinking that if I had waited until morning they would have barely got out of the neighborhood with it as it had been almost running on fumes before I put gas in it.

My son's finger was fractured according to hospital x-rays. He goes to an orthopedic doctor today for further investigation and treatment. Will likely end up with a splint for a couple weeks. He will be fine. No basketball for a few weeks. He will have to suffer with spending his time on his new GameCube he got for Christmas. Finger has not kept him off it so far.

Thanks for all the condolances and well wishes. It means a lot to me right now. I am already preparing myself for the worse and find myself looking in all the used car lots for a replacement as I drive past them. Might be tough to find another SVX on short notice as I need another vehicle ASAP. Am eying up other cars as potentials but it's hard to compare other cars to the SVX when considering my budget. For the money, the SVX is hard to beat in the used car market. If I do get another one it will have to be much better than my current one. I made that purchase a little too quickly without knowing as much about the SVX as I do now.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.