Old 05-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Thumbs up

Hey Troy,

That sure was a long post!

Good points you are pondering, and some of them would need to be addressed, have a policy, strategy, whatever.

In simple terms, this is a club. A rather large one, but a club. The club can make and amend Rules of Engagement. It would be difficult to phrase the rules to suit any possible situation, so it is not necessary or correct to try and do so.

Instead, as a club we need only reserve the right of admission, and the right to post. We can do this, because it is our club, our Network. We have rules which we publish for new members, we require them to post and behave within this non-restrictive framework. If this is not acceptable to them, we will withdraw their posts or ban the new members, whichever is appropriate.

Please excuse my bringing religion into an administration discussion, but it is appropriate, and I mean no offense to others of different or of no beliefs. Today's gospel by John states,

"I give you one rule only, that you love one another"

Apply this philosophy to posting on the network, and it merely suggests that no post or comment should be made that is disrespectful of another member, their views, philosophies, opinions, colour, age, whatever.

I am one of the oldies here, but I like new members of any age or background, and welcome their contribution. They may swing the balance or ethos of the Network a little, but that's life, I accept it. We can cobble up a more rigid outline of what's acceptable in posts, but I am against that. We need the views and energy of younger members.

What we have here is very good, and it may need fine tuning, but does not require a radical overhaul.

My two cents.

Joe

PS, must be O/T, I never mentioned the SVX
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl