Thread: Aarrgghhhhh
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 12:54 PM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101
Aarrgghhhhh

Why do people come on forums asking questions when they just get pissed if they don't like the answer they get?

Someone was asking about what amp for a set of subs on another forum, I replied with a lengthy post about why it's not his amp that's causing his problems, but most likely the subs themselves since they've got a very low sensitivity rating. And that a much better sub would net him the same gain as a 4500 watt amp (if the sub could theoretically handle that much power). I took a long time to do the math, figure out the info on the components and it got completely ignored because apparently audio is some magic force and not science.

I'm far from perfect and get my share of tunnel vision, but when it comes to sound, people seem to totally disregard the fact that it IS PHYSICS!!!! And as such you can calculate it. But as soon as you start throwing real math out there to explain yourself and prove what you're saying people just get pissed. It's like somehow the GED student at Best Buy saying this "bigass amp will make it sssoo much louder" can rewrite the laws of physics just because the box has a big number on it.

It's not like I work with this stuff for a living or anything... It's even more fun when you get the person who insists that "my buddies system got 2984753dB louder when he got this new amp, so you're just wrong. I heard it myself." "So much for your "science."" (someone really said that to me (well, the number was different but you get the point)).

Sorry about the rant. It just really irks me when I spend the time to do all the work for someone who seems to want help, type it all up, and post it for them along with a recommended solution it gets just ignored because I didn't tell them the same thing they were already thinking. Isn't that the point of asking a ****ing question??? To get an answer?

ARGH. Ok end of my rant.