View Single Post
Old 12-31-2001, 10:15 AM
SpeedVX

Hey everyone im new to the site. I read this post and i had to share. I just installed a new head unit in my car too, but now i cant get my car to start although the new unit works great. Here's what happened.
A friend was helping me put in the new unit. we didnt disconnect the battery. during the work the dash lights flickered once. We soon realized we didnt know what wires went where in the new unit's harness so we packed up for the night and i decided to get on here and find a diagram. So i drive it home but everytime i pressed an interior light button, the dash lights went out...weird. ....anyway i get the wiring info and i start it the next day and the car begins shaking. I quick turn it off and try starting it again, but all it will do is turn over. I tried charging the battery....nothing, checked all the fuses and found the one i blew in the main fuse box in the engine and replaced it. Finished wiring the stereo and it works fine but the car still won't start. Its so close to starting....its like it just wont stay running, almost like its being starved of something.

-any ideas very much appreciated!!!-