View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 05:03 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Perhaps he should take advantage of those new sales or "employee pricing for everyone" deal GM has and get a Saab 9-3, 9-5 or even highest performance trim SportCombi which has an AWD with 250hp V6 trim (even though you said he’s not a fan of wagons). They are cars with decently plushed but seemingly equally sporty interiors that have pretty good performance to boot not to mention good fuel economy (I heard the turbocharged 9-3 can still go at about 30mpg even if you are going at 85mph) and if this discount is what they are really bragging about you can get once for thousands less then the usual MSRP or at least they will be priced without the "prestigious" markup. It does This is of course considering that the GM discount is really all that it is cracked up to be. Yes I do admit Saabs are a bit pricey for what they are equipped with, I am just putting them up for consideration because of that discount if indeed it is enough of one to knock even the 9-3 Aero into the Legacy GT range. When it comes down to it this just stems from seeing a silver Saab 9-3 in the parking lot which I thought looked nice and then reading about one on a post in a forum. There are also other GM vehicles to choose from, if he indeed remotely likes GM such as the Pontiac Grand Prix or even the G6, not to mention the new Impala SS, not to mention others such as the Nissan Altima SE-R, which has performance that makes it basically a four door 350Z with a bigger trunk.

Pics of the Saab 9-3 SportCombi and SportSedan

Last edited by Weebitob; 07-11-2005 at 05:08 PM.