View Single Post
Old 11-11-2001, 02:30 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Aredub?

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Hey guys. Nice of you to notice and be concerned. No need. I was on a whirlwind trip to Phoenix with no time to even plug my laptop in. Out at 9:00 on Wed for a four hour flight with an hour on the ground in Chi-town (just enough time to get from one end of O'Hare to the other). Hit Phoenix at around 2 Local time. Did a show walkthrough, dinner, client rehearsal, hit the rack. Crew call 6:30 Thursday. Played "gopher" for the first session, then, did my "magic" (read almost 200 award recipients in rapid fire fashion) as award recipients came across stage for grip 'n' grin. Session was over around 3. Had a little chill time before dinner at 6:30 -- but didn't get to chill -- new projects reported from the office. Dinner at 6:30 at the "Rusty Pelican" off property (The Pointe At South Mountain). . . a couple of beers at the sports bar on property and hit the rack. I didn't have to be at the next morning's session, so, I slept til 7, got up and ironed my clothes and dressed -- caught a cab for the airport at 9:30 (had to switch flights so's I could fly back with my boss -- scheduled out at 9:50, but had to change flight to 11:40 -- took a little time. Had some time to kill at the airport, grabbed some breakfast at a little snack bar, where I met Joseph Herrmann -- he was sucking down a Bud and was totally hammered, but, I seem to attract that kinda person in airports. He informed me he was a tranny mechanic on his way to Honolulu to work for "Western Transmissions." We got to talking about the wonderful 4EAT and how mine was slipping after a recent rebuild and he gave me the name of a guy in Scottsdale that he said was the best tranny mechanic in the whole world (he was "hammered" remember) and told me to ship my tranny to him, and he'd take care of me -- I'd never need another tranny after he got through with it. Oh, well -- it's an option. Hopped on the plane at about 11:20, five hours back to Evansville -- took the boss to the office, checked some stuff, got home about 7pm, where I logged on, only to find too darned many posts to read (I was tired).

Sorry, this is way too long, and nobody even cares anyway, but, I'm trying to make up for lost time with a long post instead of MANY.

Again, thank you for caring.
Oh, good - because I assure you we were all just burning with curiosity at 7AM on Thursday.

'Just WHAT is Randy doing RIGHT NOW?! It is my hope upon hopes that he will tell me some day!'

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE