View Single Post
Old 09-17-2001, 10:37 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: Re: Article

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

The history behind a lot of this is so crazy. "The tangled web we weave" so to speak. When the Shah was in power in Iran, millions of dollars in US aid was funneled into that country to help them build their military machine to protect against Iraq. Once the Shah was deposed and Iyatolla took over, we started pouring money into Iraq to help them build their machine for the possible destruction of Iran -- Instead, they turned it on the Kuwaitis. When Russia invaded Afghanistan, US dollars went into to building "Unbombable" bunkers -- the ones Bin Laden is likely hiding in today. It seems that, in some instances, we are funding our own destruction.
I agree with you Randy.

US has been and will be funding people around the world for their cause (or for security of democracy). Sometimes it makes sense. I am certain that drug cartels in the South America is also funded by the US. Wasn't it the US that put Fidel there in Cuba in the first place.

However if it was not for that funding, the immediate danger and security of region would be compromised and I (unfortunately) agree with the US funding at those moments. Who knew these people would bite the hands of people that fed them food when they were young.

I might be mistaken but a couple of days ago, I saw the former CIA guy for Pakistan saying something along the lines of US supplying arms for Osama a couple of years back. And Colin did admit that they did supply arms to Iraq and Iran and Afghanistan.

I am hoping and praying with all my might that nothing happens till end of the month. I have people I care about deeply in former Russia (somewhere in the afghan regions) at the moment.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!