View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 09:13 PM
TorG0d

Sorry for the delay in getting back, my internet connection had some issues . . . Got the filter changed, took about an hour as the rubber lines were hard and brittle and I had to chip them off the metal lines and buy new ones, etc. . . . It kinda bogged down a bit when I gave it gas after changing the filter, but I reset the ECU and problem solved. Now she runs like a bat out of hell, better even than when I first bought her, which leads me to believe that the filter had NEVER been changed in the life of the car and was extremely clogged. For all interested about how to releave the fuel pressure, look under the back passenger seat cushion and unplug the rectangular plug; this is the fuel pump connector. Then try to start the car (if it starts, let it run until it dies). Don't do what I did and unplug the connector underneath the back seat on the driver's side, as I believe this is for the power antenna; you'll be waiting a long while for the car to die in this case.

Not a hard thing to do, something like a 3 or 4 out of 10, just don't smoke when you change this filter.