View Single Post
Old 10-26-2001, 10:14 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe 90

svx_commuter: The transfer pressure eh... Yes, I can do this but.... Do you say
that I need to drive the car with a gauge connected or just up on a lift?

The TPS on the car is original and the car has 207000 Km, but can you explain the relationship between the TSP and the ECU/transfer clutches?

Winter is approaching rapidly, I need "the beauty of wheel drive" back ASAP!

P.S. Toby, I will let everybody know if I find a solution.....
Yes you can check the transfer clutch pressure with all four wheels on the ground, or on the lift or while you drive.

You had the transmission rebuilt, can I assume this did not include the transfer section or should the rebuilder being doing this work for you? Personally I think it was missed by the rebuilder. No transfer pressure? The rebuilder does the work at their cost. However I do not know the arrangement of the rebuild. Can you tell him he missed something? Have him replace the transfer valve and solenoid assembly?

The TPS is used for a lot of things. Shift points is one of these. I just replaced my TPS and the car is very different. More responsive under light throttle and the 2nd to 3rd slip has gone away for 5 days now. The TPS tells the ECU and TCU if you are opening or closing the throttle. When the TPS is not working correctly these devices (TCU ECU) may think your foot is traveling in the opposite direction from what it is really doing.

TPS is also used to adjust the transmission line pressure and the transfer clutch pressure.

I would like to know if the transfer valve wears out or clogs up? Are the parts worn and do not work any more or has the fluid turned to sluge and clogged up the works? Both of these result in no trouble code.