Thread: Problem!!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2003, 12:36 PM

Problem!!

Last night I installed my slotted rotors and pads. After I installed everything I took it for a quick test drive, and the pads were rubbing against the rotors. I've experienced this with other cars, b/c they do this unil they get seated properly. I left to go back up to school that night and noticed the sound pretty much went away for the 30mile drive. I had the windows close, but didn't notice any rubbing sound. Today, I took the car to run some erands and the front passenger side is rubbing. First it would rub unless i tured the wheel to the left, now it doesn't rub if I turn the wheel to the right. Is this normal? The rest of the pads are seated already and do not make any rubbing noise. The noise also does not stop when I apply the brakes. The noise gets faster with my speed, and its not constant, so the pad is not rubbing the whole way around the rotor, just probably 3/4. Might there be an imperfection with the rotor? Or mabye the pad just needs to be broken in yet? I put an additional 10 miles on the car today, and it didn't really improve. I have to drive 150+ miles today, and would like to know if its safe to do with the pad making that noise.

Also, on another note, the driver side caliper seems to be putting out a little fluid near the top bolt on the caliper. I'll go snap a pic and put it in my locker. Should I be worried about this?