Registered SVX
Re: Yellowsub is here!

Quote:
Originally posted by tone
Hi Joe.

Sorry once again for the late answer.
Working all the time...

I just received IT!

Thank you also for the suggestion to contact Jamsvx to check about the English manuals.
I will be PM'ing him for that.
As predicted the User Manual is in German...

I am anxious.

Tone
Tone

Congratulations my friend

From what you describe, you seem to have found a good one!

Forget about being anxious, enjoy your car. You searched hard, and you deserve it.

A couple of small bits of advice:

Regards the gearbox, many of them behave differently, so do not assume a problem till you are familiar with its habits. The car accelerating while the revs stay the same is totally normal, that is the torque converter working. It changes ratio to lower the gear in a particular range for acceleration. Nothing to worry about.

Second, the exhaust. This car of yours is fairly late, 96 maybe? Exhausts perforate from the inside, through condensate eating away the inner metal, short runs do a lot of harm here. You are seeing surface rust. This is caused from being in a cold climate and driving on salty roads. You should not worry too much about this either, the exhaust is made from heavy metal. Mine is still original, and my car is Dec '91. If you are genuinely worried about it, you could clean up the pipes and put a protective coat on them. By this I mean, put the car on a ramp, use sandpaper to buff off the surface rust. Then paint the exhaust with the special heat resistant paint you can get for painting manifolds. The rear silencer box is made from stainless steel, and the rust should come off with an abrasive polish. Relax, you don't have a problem here.

Your engine knock could potentially be more serious, but again, stay cool. The most likely cause is a sticking valve adjuster. The car has hydraulic valve lash adjustment which is self adjusting, sometimes they stick, but it can go away quickly. If it persisted, there is a procedure, Randy [aredubjay] has information on fixing this. Garage job I think.

Stick with the yellow if your respray job is as good as you say.

Let me know when and if you are ordering from Jamsvx. I could do with a set, and maybe Tony in England also, we could do a bulk order.

Good luck and best wishes,

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 03-19-2003 at 02:57 AM.