Thread: Subaru manuals
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2003, 06:27 PM

Yellowsub is here!

Hi Joe.

Sorry once again for the late answer.
Working all the time...

I just received IT!

Thank you also for the suggestion to contact Jamsvx to check about the English manuals.
I will be PM'ing him for that.
As predicted the User Manual is in German...

General impression

At first glance it does not have any big paint difference issues like the ones you noticed on the paint and that could be seen on the pics I posted before. One will only find it if knowing it and looking for it.

The hit from behind did not leave any scars. The German workshop people did a very good job.
They told me so over the phone but one never knows.

I could easily confirm what they told me about the previous owner: he really took good care for the car as it is easily confirmed by the interior of the car.

All the preventive maintenance was performed exactly on the predicted mileage and for example the hit was repaired fully from original parts, even the sheet metal ones (no unbending).

Overall I am more than pleased.

I am only considering a new painting job with white pearl (1000 Euro) but the quality of the current paint is so good that I think I will wait some time until I do so.

Only concern: exhaust.
The whole set is... brown.
You cannot see any particular deep rust point but nevertheless the phenomena is starting.
Any suggestion together with a... quotation?

Driving (short) impressions

Just after I received it I took a short ride on secondary roads because it does not have a plate yet.
Legalisation of imported cars is a pain here and so I will only do it after the end of July.
Just to make it short and for all you guys understand my passion: legalising the car will cost more than the car itself.

The engine started at first and shortly after there was a (hard) knocking sound that seemed like a valve needing lubrication/adjustment.
It was over by the time the test drive ended.

I did not really had the occasion to feel the road manners but it is a Subaru after all!

What really impressed me was the way the A/T shifted.

The first two times I started a run I felt the revs go up and stay there as if thre was no shifting but... the car was accelerating!

I tried it twice because my first immediate thought was: there goes another A/T to the garbage can (you know all the stories we ear around here).

It is definitely a very smooth gearbox.

The rest will come later as I did not have the time to do more.

Surprise

I knew the car would come with the 17" rims with half used Pirelli P7000 some of you saw in the pictures I posted.

I also knew that the original 16" "fan" wheels were included in the package but, surprise, they also had brand new Michelin Pilot tires on it and... there was another set of simple stamped sheet metal wheels, also 16" and also with another set of brand new Michelin ones.

Also there was a slightly damaged extra 17" rim with a new P7000 (probably from the back RH crash) and it was noticeable that the small spare was still brand new and all the accessories were there untouched which means, at least, the previous owner took good care.

I think I have tires/wheels for about 100000km.
I would just like to have the time and the luck with the car to allow me to use it.

I am anxious.

Tone