View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcntrk75
Thanks for the info…

I just realized you're local (to me at least), I got my first bite from the SVX bug this summer up at Beaver Springs dragway in PA. There was another local member up there with a white SVX, completely hollowed out interior, with racing seats w/harness bar who was running high 13’s. It was a joy to watch such a sweet car taking some of the local mustangs…

Anyway, I found a local FWD model which looks very clean for a reasonable price. I’ve already done one AT-MT swap in another Subaru of mine, and would dive strait into it with this particular SVX. That said, the Tranny and rear diff would be encompassed in the swap so the remaining FWD->AWD missing parts would be:

Drive axle shafts
2-piece drive shaft (w/custom lengthening)
Outer rear uprights(?) I guess AWD rear knuckles and hub assembly would be required too…

What else am I missing?
You would also need a TCU from an awd SVX. However, when you add the cost up, trust me, you'd be better off finding a well-maintained awd SVX. I travelled 100+ miles to get my SVX (other members have travelled across the nation).

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)