Thread: next car
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: next car

I do love that Bertone. Sorry I never got back to you.

Between Subarus I briefly drove a '79 242GT back in college. That and the SVX are the best handling cars I've ever owned. Slower than snot, but it would keep momentum through turns forever so I hardly ever had to use the gigantic disk brakes that would stop it on a dime. It died a Viking death getting crushed by monster trucks at the Ventura County Fair after the engine blew and it sat roadside for 6 months. I was a stupid college kid. My fiancé has a love for brick Volvos so I may end up with another someday.

I've been fantasizing about station wagons lately. The more miles I pack on the SVX the more issues pop up, and I'd love to relegate it to weekend duty. Hopefully by June I'll have some pesos saved up for a Craigslist special. I'd love to find one of the '96 Outback 5 speeds with the EJ22. That's the only year and configuration that got the trusty 2.2L so they're tough to come by. I ran across this RX last night, but after owning an XT and a GL-10 sedan previously I doubt that another old 1.8T is a good idea for me. Always wanted a 3 door RX though and that's gotta be the coolest transmission Subaru ever made.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.