View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 04:07 PM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101
Well, I got all the stuff I needed from the dealer, and got crackin'. I just threw 4 new tires on the car since one of them had a puncture in the side wall, and they were junk anyways.

Got the cooling system put back together, and everything seems to be good. Well, except for a very small leak at the top of the radiator. It's just a mild drip leaking out around one of the bolts that holds the rad. fan in place. I put some stop leak stuff in there for now until I find myself a new radiator.

Got the brake issues solved. I had a local shop make a new hard line for the rear-passenger brake line, since the old one was rusted and spewing brake fluid. It was like if you were bleeding brakes, the pedal just dropped to the floor. So they made me a new line for the one that was ruptured. The other one is pretty rusted up too, so I'll be going back to have that one done in the not to distant future.

I'll try to snap a pic of the old water pump later tonight. It was definatly toast.

I've now changed the fuel, oil, air, and transmission filters. Tranny fluid looked good so I left it, but I changed out the coolant and oil. I tossed a quart of Rislone(sp?) in with the oil, and a thing of sea-foam in with a fresh tank of gas. Should help clean things out a bit if they're gunked up.

Also had to change out the transmission resistor. That was easy and fast, and now no more blinking power light on startup. As well, I got a new nozzle for the rear sprayer, and got that replaced, so now I have working wipers all around

That's about where things stand right now. Next on the hit list is the remaining wheel stud that needs changing, and the seal at the half-shaft and rear diff.