View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 03:04 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: 92 Wrecked SVX vs 96 Wrecked SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXalter View Post
Sorry to butt in on this thread with a semi-irrelevant question... but does anyone know what the actual difference is with the "steering feel"? I have a 96 polo that is an L and you guys have me curious now.
finally...has someone point out one of the main things I like about my 92 teal....the 'feel' and the 'steering feel'....

i spent about eight months to get my first 92 teal.....i test drove it once....then i totally test drove about 5 SVXi....then i test drove my 92 teal second time and bought it.......so I do care about the 'feel' lol

for the LSL / LSi models, i personally like that kinda feel more...it feels more like a luxurious and touring car...lol it does give me a little more pleasure when making tight turns (with its passive 4WS) or going over the pot holes....or at high speed driving.... a little more feedback i think.....when at slow speed, it feels lighter...easy for you to park and turn...when at faster or much higher speed...it feels heavier/heavy....it makes you feel safer on highway and keep your wheel straight if you hit anything on the road...

for the LE or L or FWD ...., the steering feel is just plain to me....it doesn't feel any change of the weight........maybe more straightforward....sporty? or more plain fun...

for my SVX...i like the other feel.....for other car, i may like other feel......my Kia has the regular power steering pump....it's kinda pure fun though with its suspension setup depending on the speed......if you have different tires, it may change the feel a little bit if you can feel it....

PS: i do like your 96 polo green color more than my teal color....it's a more cheerful color.....looks good with either blue tint windows or brown tint windows in my opinions....

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05