View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 05:18 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: 92 Wrecked SVX vs 96 Wrecked SVX

Argh I don't know if you get what I meant. Maybe I was tired to express.

92 LSL is equal to other years' LSi in my opinions.

When it comes to L, it has less options ( I'll lose heated mirrors too and etc ). I also drove SVX L before, the steering-feel is different to me when compare to my LSL and LSi because I think the power steering system is different. It will be very Costly and Hard to get that "feel" back.

The drivetrains are all the same as I think as long as they are all wheel drive. I love my 92 LSL how it drives already (71k motor and 35k tranny) and I knew it. I don't know how about the 96 and how well it ran and I couldn't test drive it. The steering feel will feel different already in the first place since it's not a LSi.

I can probably pay that 96 for the body ONLY for only "$200" without engine and transmission. It's a good deal. Why do I need the drivetrain? If as you said, I fix the 96, so I need the engine and transmission in the car to drive!!! Then if I move the engine and transmission from my 92 to the 96, it's crazy!! It will cost a lot of more money and if you want to sponsor me? I will think about it. Too much work of the time.

I already have two persons in mind to replace my quarter panel. They seem confident. They have done that before. Not a bad price. Not an arm or a leg.

I don't know about fixing the roof and the modification and what switch it from L to LSL. It's still not an entirely LSL.....and don't know what you are talking about. What if it will cost more? What if it doesn't do right, it will leak water when it rains/snows?

A 92 is a 92...a 96 is a 96...but it doesn't mean a 92 is inferior to a 96! What I think if the 96 is fixed,...I like it has a clean title and dual airbags and manual seat belts but it won't have everything my 92 has as well.

I can get the body shell for $200. As you suggest, think about all the work, swapping the engine, transmission and good body part, .....it's a lot of work and money. You want to pay? I can get whole 96 with engine and transmission but it will cost at least another one thousand more, do you want to pay? Then where am I going to keep my excellent engine and transmission from my 92? Can you keep them for me?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05