View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 02:06 AM
One teal and One yellow

92 Wrecked SVX vs 96 Wrecked SVX

Some of you might remember my 92 TEAL SVX was wrecked by just parking at the lot for a stupid reason. It has been sitting more than a year and half, and I bought it back for cheap.

This past few weeks, I have been thinking and looking for parts. Thought of parting out my yellow one to keep my teal one and etc. Then I found out Tom has front fenders I can buy and door (different glass color) and Huck(thanks huck) has a rear quarter panel I can have it if I go there and cut. But I just need to go road trips.

Few days ago, I seemed to find a good solution. I was kind of happy and less stressful. I talked to one of the 96 SVX owners(one of my fren's roommate) in town, it's in the same town and like THREE miles from my apartment! It's wrecked from a tree!! I can probably buy it for good price but he likes to keep his drivetrain because it was rebuilt not too long ago.

It's a 96 polo green, about 120K. This is one of the first time I see a 96 without Tan Interior color. Interior same color as mine. No sunroof. Most importantly, the whole left side for that SVX is good. Plus, the window color is same as mine. Title is clean.(not important for a part car)

Anyone objects I buy this as a part car to fix my Teal one. I talked to the owner on the phone once and he had no intention to fix it. It looks like it will cost more money to fix than mine. I plan to go look for him tomorrow to confirm everything. If I buy this, I can use all the good parts to make my Teal one fixed and use some of the good parts to make my yellow better.

My 92 teal:

The 96 polo:

It sucked for the owner. Tree fell off and wrecked it. No full coverage. It's been sitting like 6 months thru the winter. It ran good (rebuilt tranny) before that happened.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05