View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Mechanical 'L' plater ahead

Re: oh yeah,

Hiya Cam, can't really answer the gravel question - it was a truck pulloff beside the road. I did travel along its length (~50m) to get a feel on how she'd handle, but I went slowly. It felt pretty solid and pulling onto it from the road was smooth, but I don't know how she'd be at normal speed.

Quote:
the prices for the rack don't sound too bad at least they're available so did the ABS actuate ? I'm assuming it has it as i'm under the impression our cars came with all options (to justify the enormous price when new )
Thanks for confirming the prices - you've saved me time trying to find out if they were reasonable! Was also given a lead on a guy who apparently rebuilds SVX's to dune buggy racers, so there's a possibility I can get ahold of secondhand parts.

Yeah, it does have ABS and I did feel a kind of pulsing when I hit hard. I haven't had ABS before but that's my understanding of what happens when it engages. I was conservative on the distance 'cause I find it hard to believe I could stop in the distance I think it actually was - more like 30-35m tops. Went back and measured it today (had just passed/was even with a favourite tree when I realised he was going to turn!). She pulled up beautifully - no locking and dead straight without having to fight the steering.

Tania.
p.s. hope you got my reply to your last pm.

No plants = no life on earth - so go forth and plant green things!

Last edited by plantchick; 08-16-2008 at 05:09 AM. Reason: updated