View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 06:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Destiny
Carry a Jerrycan in the trunk with a few gallons in it. Then you can be brave all you like to find out just how far, she'll go and still have enough to get you to a gas station...

I once got ~650-700 km on one tank... that's about 425 miles. 95% Highway, on Hwy402 in Ontario, and I-75N in Michigan (London, ON to Sault Ste. Marie, ON, via Michigan).
I'd be worried it would spill and kill my interior (not to mention the possibility of it igniting.) I've also read that ppl who've run thiers out of gas have killed their engines in someway or done damage. Not something i'd risk.

I drive mainly highways but no freeways in my daily commute. about 95% of my trip i'm doing 55 which, according to something i saw on the news a few nights ago, is the best speed for fuel consumption. So its no wonder i get good gas mileage. Its also rather hilly where i drive but i let the car loss speed going up hill and pick it back up going down over and over (i start at 55 and go to 40 mph then 65 mph then 40 its great on the equilibrium and not a good idea if your kids are prone to car sickness!)