View Single Post
Old 05-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Cobb Tunning makes some great tuner WRX's but they're so pricey! During Car & Drivers 4 cylinder Super Flea challenge last year, they came with a modified WRX that stickered over 80K.

I'm sure a built 2.5L would be sweet, but I just love the sound of our flat 6's! I think Porter was mentioning that some company in Australia was developing a built EG33 engine - that's what I'd like to drop in my SVX racer!

...and this will probably be my last post ever about street racing. I plan on joining the SCCA next year and competing in AutoX events with SVXRide and Newsvx. I'll take out RX-8's, SRT-4's and 350Z's there!

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
I'll agree with the RX-8's being a head turner... But instead of a STi or an EVO for that amount of money... I would rather buy a good worn out SVX, then transplany a fully built Cobb Tuning 2.5 motor into it. Some form of the 6 speed STi tranny... Then lighten it as light as I could get it and take it club racing ... I'd need sponsors though to pay for some of the stuff... Especially after the $30,000 it would cost to custom build the motor from Cobb and get everything tuned just right for racing...

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)