View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 03:56 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
A member had a long standing FB that must have been recently taken down called "AMR Engineering Ripped Me Off" that stated he sent ones that damaged an SVX and would not pay for repairs. I found this, but the original posting has it documented a lot better. This was up 6 months ago and was up since 2014 so either the guy took it down or FB took it down.

http://subaru.carstalks.com/chris-de...-forums-248037

What it speaks to is more how difficult Andy is to work with and how he has a terrible attitude. Typically you will not have issues with his products, but if you do you have to kiss his ass for him to to make good on what he messed up. He has no respect for this community at all, which is why he took 16 months to get us a radiator.
I have heard 2 sides to that incident, and to be honest I don't know what to make of it. I would think the knob adjusters that sit on top of the coil over would typically stay if you decided to buy it with the coilovers, however having something sticking up past the top of the strut tower it should have some care taken when closing the very narrow margins of hood space.
And as to the radiator I understand 16 months is a long wait for a product, but then R&D plus prototype(s) plus all current business it all adds up. I know I am a lucky one as I had a radiator within months (though it was a prototype and as such needed slight mods) but I remember waiting for what seemed a long time for the Cekia coilovers back in 2012 too
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001 View Post
This andy guy sounds a lot like dan from stebro. I'm still bitter about that whole ordeal. I'll never understand how a business owner can treat people horribly and think they'll continue to stay in business.

I should probably clarify...I've heard good things about the product. The horrible customer service is well known.
Ya, I do agree sometimes the customer service can be slow/bad yet the products end up great and worthwhile do you overlook the bad because of the good or do you spite the good product because of the bad service?