Thread: Code 32 and 37
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 12:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to alia176
Re: Code 32 and 37

So, I sprayed Carb cleaner on the engine around the vac connections but didn't find any. I did find an interesting though and that is the two large wires going to the crankshaft position sensor. It appears as though the two large brown wires going to the sensor have lost their insulation. I'm not sure if this is due to them being too brittle or what but I can see the shield on both wires. I didn't see any evidence of rubbing anywhere and the connector was nice and tight.

I also unplugged the MAF sensor from the MAF and was going to clean it but I seemed to have run out of MAF cleaner spray. So, I buttoned everything back up and started her up.

Now, this is interesting - the engine no longer has a bad idle and a start from stop is back to normal. The drive to work this morning was smooth as it was before without any hiccups. At lunch today, I cleared the two codes 32 & 37 and will monitor if anything comes up on the drive home from work.

I seemed to have improved the behavior by doing the minor investigation yesterday. When I get home I'll unplug the MAF while the engine is idling to see if anything changes.

My plan this weekend is to remove the alternator and take a closer look at the two exposed wires and wrap them or trim them if required.

Thanks.

'92 SVX LSL
'03 4Runner
'96 FZJ80 Landcruiser
'90 Mercedes 300E

Last edited by alia176; 04-26-2011 at 02:38 PM.