View Single Post
Old 07-03-2001, 12:14 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Ah, documentation, too!

Quote:
Originally posted by ehowe
Here's the documentation on "What is Subaru from FHI's site. I think I got the english version here. Wonderful explaination, BTW, Aredubjay. =) Thanks.

http://www.fhi.co.jp/subaru/bodb00.htm

It's a decent explaination of how the name came up in the first place. And what a wonderful name it is, eh? =)
Excellent! Glad you led us to that. I am happy, however, that they didn't decide to call the car a "Mutsuraboshi." For one thing, it's too close to "Mitsubishi," and, for another, it wouldn't fit on the wheel caps.

<<just when i begin to believe you are a true southerner you show signs of intelligence......what am i going to do with you!! very cool story. oh, by the way, i am a taurus......i knew it was in the stars for me to buy my SVX.>>

I have my moments of "briliance," Leo -- they're just few and far between, and usually followed by the playing of "Duelling Banjos" just to bring me back to my true status.

As for evidence of why I KNOW I was supposed to have this car -- I chronicled this on the Yahoo site, but, it bears repeating here.

A: The SVX Debuted in August -- My birthday is in August -- I found the car in August.

B: The pre-debut brochure tauted the SVX as a "Thorobred" -- Where do you think of when you think of thorobreds?

C: One evening, shortly after seeing and driving the car, I actually, half-heartedly, asked God for a sign that I should get the car (I know, it ain't right), and immediately saw a shooting star. I discounted that "sign" saying, nah! That wasn't God. until . . .

D: The next morning, I was driving to work in my Suzuki Sidekick, listening to NPR. I hadn't been in my car ten minutes, when somehow, within a conversation on "All Things Considered" about constellations, the fact that the car company Subaru used the Plaiedes as their logo came up. What are the chances of that? So, I went that afternoon and signed the deal.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI