View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 10:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
My first Subaru was a leased '96 Outback. When the lease up. I needed another car. We always had a seadn and a sporty coupe for uor 2 cars. I had the wagon, and I wanted a sporty coupe along the lines of my '84 Supra. I also had the requirement that we would be the first family on our block to have all FWD or WWD cars. I test drove a used 95 SVX that the dealer had. I took the brochure on the '97's and did some research. After we haggled on price, I asked him to get me a '97 LSi in burgundy (bordeaux pearl). He found one and I bought it. Then I had his painter put the pinstripes on it. It's been fun ever since.

Wednesday night, the car goes in to service for rear wheel bearings. It has 47, 300+ miles on it. It has the extended warrantee so it will cost me $100 for the bearings. I will get a loaner car (hopefully it won't be another Pontiac GP, this time) and pick up Subydoo on Thurs. I think that 1 1/2 years of blasting thru my favorite S-bend every morning going to work caused the bearings to fali at this low milage. My highest speed exiting the S-bend was 113 mph. I have found that evrything in life has a price. It is going to cost me $100 for a year and a half of fun, every morning, 5 days a week. I think it's a bargain.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!