View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 09:57 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Solarsvx,
From the first time I saw the SVX, I was drawn to it like a moth to a light. It would sell today as far as the design is concerned! And I tend to like the unusual anyway, and one has to admit that the SVX is a little out of the ordinary.

I couldn't afford one when they first came out in '92, so I just dreamed a bit. In '95, I was actually looking for a car for my wife (with her) at the Olds / Subaru dealer when, while passing by a Blue SVX, I commented to the salesperson that I had always liked the SVX. She indicated that they would make a heck of a deal on the Blue '94, L Model FWD, if I was interested. I was also kinda in the market for a new car too, so when we got back inside, we "discussed" the deal - $6,000 of the sticker (that made the cost $19,900), and they would add a spoiler (then a $350 option), AND give me a 100,000 mile warranty. I said, "Let me think about that - OKAY!" Never regretted it. BTW, one of the two transmissions was covered by warranty! Unfortunately, the Blue '94 is wrecked and I'm now parting it out. My second SVX was found in PA two years ago - a 1997 LSI with 9K miles. The third (for my son), just recently, a 1996 L Model with 78K miles.

And I agree, once you drive one with all of the nice and uniqe features and the GT feel on the road, you have to have one. And all of the curious glances and comments is just the iceing on the cake.
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx