Thread: My car got hit
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 11:23 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Re: Re: My car got hit

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I've driven my car for three years, this month. I've had a few comments in that period of time. Mostly women. I could probably count them on one hand.

I turned my first SVX over to my wife to drive and I now drive Pearl SVX #2. My wife has only been driving the car for about a week and she averages one comment per day.

Kentucky is not necessarily the "core of culture," so, I would suspect our populus is similar in nature.

My guess is this: MOST girls usually don't care, and MOST men are too proud to come close to admitting to another man, that they think you have a cool car (especially those of the "hick" persuasion) so they don't ask. They'll just whisper amongs their friends. However, neither sex is intimidated by an attractive, classy lady in an unusual car, and will feel free to comment. That's my theory, anyway -- and I'm stickin' to it.
I'm thinking that's a good call. I hardly ever get actual comments, except at the occasional drive-thru window (always girls - the guys are much too cool and pretend not to notice), but sometimes I catch guys looking (like today, at the bank, the cop on duty was walking around and around it when we got back from lunch in the Volvo ). Too, Kermit's that Camo Polo, so it doesn't stand out as much as Satin-Lined Pockets Red or Lambo Are Dubbed Pearl.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>