View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 09:19 PM

Jiffy Lube Service/ Cracked Radiator

Hi , I was wondering if anyone had ever had any problems with having had their car serviced at Jiffy Lube? I had my oil changed and they were to top off all fluids and check hoses. I got my car back and the very next day smoke started coming out of the engine compartment after a lengthier drive. At first I thought it might be some spillage, but came to find out that there seemed to be what looked like a stress crack in the center of the plastic top that covers the radiator. Antifreeze was flowing slowly out of it shortly after the car was started.
I immediately called Jiffy Lube because I believe that maybe someone might have leaned or braced themselves on this part of the radiator while servicing it thereby cracking it. They even admit that their was no leakage upon receipt of the car but they are trying to say that they dont generally take off the radiator cap when servicing and that the age / mileage of the car is what caused the crack. I told them that the crack wasnt at the radiator cap and that the timing of the whole incident makes it hard to believe that their wasnt some negligence on their part.

Anyway I got a estimate to repair the problem from an independant and basically I am told that I need to replace the radiator and with labor it will come to approx $500.00 (ouch!) Any thoughts?? Thanks!