Thread: STi air filter.
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 05:56 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Let me help you out with just one quote from the article-->

"Hmm, so how much loss is there through the filter? Very nearly nothing at all! And guess what? That is the case on nearly every car - the standard filter poses very little restriction at all in the system. Look at the Before Filter and After Filter lines - don't get much closer than that, do ya? In the Audi's case, the filter makes up 1 inch of water pressure drop out of the 32 inches total pressure drop that is present. In other words, 97 per cent of the flow restriction of the intake is not the filter. And to hammer home the point, when you make actual on-car measurements, it's pretty well always like this. The airfilter as a halitosis-suffering, smelly, dirty, hairy negative pressure is a total frame-up created by those with vested interests in selling drop-in aftermarket replacement filters."

Although it supported what you spoke of earlier, somehow you failed to understand that.
Kevin,

The weight behind the statement made, directly depends on the evidence which has been presented. Therefore the statement carries no weight and is worthless in this context, however true it may be.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!