Thread: 5spd
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2002, 01:10 AM
I live in a drawer!

Send a message via AIM to alex_umn
The weight doesn't seem to make much of a difference with the clutch I'm using; if you let go of the clutch without hitting the accelerator while stopped the engine dies accordingly. I'm running a lightened flywheel so that might have a bit of an affect, though. Hills are no problem as long as you can feather the clutch a little so as to not bog the engine. All _seems_ well now, althgouh the engine is a little rough and I still need to look into that further.

I'd like to investigate either a stronger set of gears or the WRX STi 6-speed eventually because of the upcoming supercharger that has been talked about in the mods forum. Either way will probably be an expensive proposition. I'm not sure how much I want to pump into this car, as it's already 10 years old, but it only has about 70k miles so hopefully it will last for quite a while with whatever gearbox I use!

Um...the old tranny. Well, it's still in my garage waiting for me to figure out what to do with it. I'd like to think that I could get some money for it, but I don't think that will happen...