View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 05:07 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXtra
Yes, I read your comments earlier. And, I think, I gave numerous reasons why I disagree with the premise that the SR will be introduced at Frankfurt with an AWD option..

You know if Hyundai is really smart they will offer a 120 h.p. turbo charged direct injection diesel engine option for the SR. I will be willing to bet they will be offering such an engine in Europe. And with the new low sulfur diesel fuel being mandated for us in 07 not to mention the 50 mpg the diesel car should get and the exceptionally stying of the RS they would sell like hot cakes.
Even though Hyundai does a great job with ship diesels I doubt that Hyundai currently has an automotive turbo diesel that can compete with what Honda and VW are offering. That is unless they all of a sudden offer variable valve timing and/or a twincharger for their automobile diesels.

But even if it does come in a turbo diesel, wouldn't it be even better if mated to an AWD system? Also what is wrong with the possibility of Hyundai offering it in multible trims?

Hyundai is already offering 3 different trims along with 2 engine choices for the Sonata, Tuscon and Sante Fe.

If you indeed completely read everything I posted in this topic before, you would understand my reasoning which I am going to bring up as a question to you below.

So tell me, according to your logic why would Hyundai display a flagship hot hatch concept but with an automatic? Their manual transmission must be plenty able to put up with a turbocharged 4 if it can be in a torquei V6.

Last edited by Weebitob; 09-14-2005 at 05:13 PM.