View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 04:44 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXtra
Because the Accent really needs more h.p. to stay competitive. What is the h.p. rating on the 05 Accent GT 110? The Corolla has a 170 hp option. The Cobalt a 210 hp option and the new Civic will have a 190 hp option. Even the Neon has a 230 hp option. Besides turbo charging and inter-cooling is a relatively easy,reliable and inexpensive way to greatly increase a given h.p. Especially from the standpoint having the turbo system designed especially for a certain model of car. But designing, manufacturing, installing and providing a long term warranty on an AWD system for what is basically a sporty economy car is far more expensive and problematic. In my opinion. And you guy's all know what that is worth...
If thats what Hyundai has to put up with to stay competitive, they'de do it

Didn't you read what I said before, Hyundai already has a AWD tranny one that manages to put down 219 torque from a 200hp engine which lugs a SUV that weighs 4000lb on a daily basis or a 300hp WRC rally car.

So I would say their AWD system is competent enough to withstand the abuse while also maintaining a relatively low cost. Hyundai recently bought some Autralian company's (I forgot the name of) AWD system, which like Subaru's VTD doesn't have as many gears, but shares more in common with Nissan's ATESSA system except being fwd biased. So it should be pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgeX
i kinda like it :-\
Nothing wrong with that, unless you attend to be a die hard Scooby fan.

Look on the bright side, its better than liking a Mitsubishi.

Last edited by Weebitob; 09-14-2005 at 04:55 PM.