View Single Post
Old 03-01-2003, 02:25 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
The reason why I'd get rid of the SVX is not because I want to but I hate to be associated with ugly designed SVX II (if you will) and I *hate* to explain to people how special SVX I is compare to SVX II.

Knowing people (a person is smart, people are dumb), they would assume all SVXes regardless SVX I or SVX II are all the same. Crappy design and all... so although I love SVXes to death, there has to be a limit. You all know I love SVXes. Why would I get 3 of them one after another when I had a chance to get something else. If I had the money, I'd go get another tomorrow as a little present for myself.

L
I never (in a million years) thought I'd say this - but - Lwin said something dumb! (Okay, just my opinion, but sheesh, don't trash a good old just because of a bad new.)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Some of you may have noticed that I'm a bit of a...purist...

Anyway, I disagree, Lwin. Regardless of what has come after the SVX, I love mine for what it is and not how well it compares to something built ten years later.

Update the interior? The SVX's is beautiful the way it is. Just because it doesn't have certain design cues that make you think 'new' doesn't mean squat. It was remarkable for the time and mine is still a joy to sit in every time.
(Ayn would be proud of you, Nick.) Who shrugged? Did somebody shrug? I thought maybe somebody shrugged.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>