View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 01:46 AM
SVX Appeal

Our headlights are bright. It's possible that some people either can't see with your lights shining in their mirrors, or they think you have your high-beams on and are trying to piss you off enough to make you pass, back off, or switch to low beam. Personally, I don't get it. Some people see bright lights and the slow to a crawl. Any car I've had with bright lights has also magically summoned slow-pokes for me to contend with. If the headlights are pathetic, the problem goes away.

I find that people who drive slow in the fast lane don't usually pull over during the day. Around dusk with my headlights on, they seem to notice and move over fairly promptly. At night however, they become stupid again, and won't move over. If I'm on a motorcycle, people move over day or night almost immediately. I think it's because the headlight is considerably higher and it shines directly into their mirrors and rear window.

I get flashed quite frequently in the SVX. I'm afraid I might cause an accident if I were to flash them back. Some people don't get the message and flash me repeatedly. I keep a million-candlepower spotlight in the back seat just for that occasion. (It also came in handy when some kids tried to egg my car one night. I pulled a u-turn with my parking brake and chased 'em down with the spot light. Luckily they missed, because I didn't really want to get out and run after them.)