View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: headlight problem - car is evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarace928 View Post
Removed the 2 fuses and the headlights stayed on.
sounds like a normally open relay getting stuck closed. i have a manual, I'll check to see if it has a wiring diagram for the lights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarace928 View Post
The hesitation/starting problem was due to the wires inside the fuel tank shorting out. The wires had somehow slightly come out of the connector.
I am still having a click click problem trying to start my car.. starter was replaced so I know its not that... the search continues... there is something at play besides the ignition switch because a friend bypassed it in his SVX (for a remote start) and also has the same issue as me.
/thread hijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantchick View Post
A question, though; my alarm/immobiliser (aftermarket) only activates the turn signal lights ('blinkers' for us Aussies), front and rear, and that's all I've ever seen. Do others do differently?

Tania.
I have both a stock and aftermarket alarm installed (the aftermarket cause a short inmy system so I don't use it). Only my turn signals flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
If either relay was stuck, removing the fuses would still remove the voltage to both sides. That is assuming that the correct fuses were removed, and I do. That only leaves feedback voltage from an undesirable source and that would account for the lights being on and dimmer.
In the diagrams, it looks like the headlight relays are after the fuses?? Also I noticed we have daytime running lamp relays?? Does anyone have daytime running lights?

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram

Last edited by cozykat; 08-19-2008 at 10:55 AM.