View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 11:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Yesterday - Misc. Ramblings

1)Yesterday I had to drive up to northern NJ to a vendor's shop and the client's (Merck) facility. I left at 5:30 AM gased up and got on I-95 north. I was going 75-80 mph past the Phily airport, over the Girrard Point Bridge and past the sport stadium complex. Everyone in SUV's, Station wagons, pickups, minivans, sedans, and an old gent in an Olds 88 sedan was passing me. Am I nuts or did Nascar come to town when I slept (Don't answer the "Am I nuts" part)?
The same thing was true on I-295 N in NJ & on the NJ Turnpike.
I arrived at the vendor's shop in Union, NJ around 8:00 AM.
I drove SUBYDOO, '97 Bordeaux Pearl LSi.
I was up there to review the vendor's computerized 3D model of the equipment that he is supplying to Merck.
For all the computer geeks out there this vendor uses a program called Solid Works. We reviewed the model and made some minor changes. Now for the good part. I met with the vendor's sales manager in charge of their material handling equipment. He currently owns a Polo Green SVX. He really liked SUBYDOO. This is his second SVX. He used to own a '92.
I gave him a Network card and told him about the Reading Meet. He seemed enthusiastic. His name is Gary.
I then drove over to Merck in Rahway, NJ. Why is the Garden State Parkway always jammed. At Merck we reviewed our company's computerized 3D model. It is a program called PDMS. Most engineering companies use this program. I left Rahway at 5:35 PM and jiggled over to the NJ Turnpike south and crawled home in heavy traffic. I arrived home at 7:45 PM.

2) Last Sat. I jacked up SUBYDOO to get at the rear O2 sensor. I could not even see a harness connect to the CAT. I'm going to try again this weekend. A hydraulic lift would really be a nice birthday gift....hint, hint.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!