View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 09:31 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade View Post
I have decided to have my SVX classified as a collector car in New Jersey, so that I can put it in semi-retirement status. Under this category, my bi-annual inspection will be more limited in scope, and my insurance premium will be significantly reduced. The major limitation will be driving it no more than 3000 miles during the course of the year. Since I'm buying a Legacy or Outback station wagon to be my daily driver and tow vehicle, that's no problem.

My insurance agency suggested that I should have a club membership to back up the collector status of the car. I was wondering if we could have an official SVX-net membership status with a certificate? Maybe as a benefit for being a contributing member?

With the agreement of the Moderators or the site administrator, I could put together such a certificate. It would need appropriate signatures from the right folks. I could use the official logo, etc. Do I have permission? Anyone else need a certificate to get bona fide?
What classifies it as a "collector Car"? Must be at least 15yrs old?
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander