View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 07:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to Antigenus
Transmission Tweak via Resistor on Battery??

I read somewhere, and have the instructions printed out around here somewhere, oh here we go I have the instruction and I will paste them.

"After listening to all the opinions about why they hold up so poorly, I came to the conclusion that the number one cause of premature failure in the SVX automatics was the slow shifting. During shifts, the bands and clutches inside the unit have to slip a certain amount when they engage the next gear. How much slippage occurs has a direct effect on the amount of heat produced as well as how much wear results from each shift.

Many owners have discovered a little trick to firm up the shifts by unplugging the resistor that moderates the line pressure. This resistor is located behind the battery and when unplugged, results in firmer shifts at virtually all speeds. Unfortunately, two side effects are too firm shifting at low speeds and hunting of gears on deceleration. "

Does this seem like a reasonable tweak to try? I have a brand new tranny that was replaced, not rebuilt and I want to savor the transmission as long as possible and get a little firmer shifting...could this work? Anyone do this before? Let me know what you think.